Thursday, April 1, 2010

wedding petals

The Duke Gardens will not allow any petals, rice or seed to be thrown at weddings held there.  It is a strict policy there.  Nope, don't bother asking.  Sorry to all past & future flower girls.  The walkways must remain clean and petal (real or fake) free at all times. 

I understand their logic - it is a busy place - often with multiple weddings held daily and many per week during wedding season.  (I refuse to say "wedding factory" since plenty of other things happen there on any given day).  All these I Do's while remaining a beautiful, horticultural, live, working garden. 

Now see this:

Why the heck do these people not only get to scatter petals down their aisle, but have real open burning flames near what appears to be hundreds of year old trees???  I call NO FAIR!  In other photos these trees appear to rival the giant redwoods.  How did they convince their venue that throwing organic material on the ground was okay?  All I can say is Lucky.

and also ps. your wedding looks beautiful.

No comments: